Monday, September 29, 2014

Draft 72

I recently completed a 30 page graphic novel for the Life Coaching program at Cappy's Boxing Gym so I thought I'd post some sample pages. This was an interesting and challenging project for two reasons. The first was trying to distill what were often complex concepts and action sequences into a cohesive design that would fit onto one page. And the second was doing all of that in what I would consider an extremely short time scale. In order to keep costs low, the client wanted to spend no more than three or four hours per page, so all of the page layout, text and illustration had to be done in that amount of time. I feel that it forced me out of my comfort zone, so I learned a lot and now we're continuing on to the next project. Stay tuned for future updates!

No comments: